Sunday, May 22, 2011

Review : Maybelline Color Sensational Lipcolor

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipsticks! Color above Born With It! 
Since you all know I'm 15 and since I've only started buying/using make up in the past two years and this year since High school I started wearing make up every day [even though I've been experimenting for a while]. So I don't have that many lipsticks and now recently I'm a little feed up with lip gloss [most] since it comes off so easily and I've found out that using a lips stick as a stain or base before you apply lipstick works well. And so of course to try this out I first went looking through my moms lipsticks. Though the thing is she only has really dark colors! No pinks what so ever, all dark reds, plums, maroons. But I did try some colors under matching lip gloss and I loved the effect! And I knew I had to invest in lipstick I liked. 

So a few days ago I went out and bought the Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in the color Born With It. Did I like the texture? No. Did I like the color? No. Wait wait! Don't stop reading, don't assume that since I didn't like those things that the product is horrible! I would have liked it a lot, the only reason I was disappointed was because when I bought it, it wasn't what I was looking for. Like I said I wanted a lipstick to wear underneath lip gloss. And this lipstick was really creamy, and really uhmm wet, almost like lip gloss, but really pigmented and bright. 

Then as for color, I really did believe that this would be a darker pink then it really was. My skin tone is medium to deep, like a dark tan, somewhat olive. So my lips aren't pink more of a darker rosy color. On the counter and the back of the lipstick the color really did look a lot darker then it came out on my lips I was shocked when I put it on! On my lips it looks like a light bubblegum pink almost chalky [the color] and just really really bad looking on my lips. I might never use it on myself again. So Those of your with fair skin, defiantly go for it! But Then those with darker skin, don't go on the color it looks like on the back! If its a bubblegum pink like color your looking for then you should try it. 

Will I buy this product [in a different color] again? Yes! I'll just be sure to choose a darker shade!

Hope this helps! 
Bye! 

** On Darker Skin: Don't trust certain shades easily! 

No comments:

Post a Comment